Town Code requires that all dogs residing in the Town of Castle Rock, over the age of 6 months, be licensed. Cats do not require a license.
If you live within the municipal limits of the Town a municipal license is required for your dog. For a complete listing of all rules and regulations for animals in Castle Rock, view the Municipal Code.
How To Apply
- Full access to the HomeSafe™ 24 / 7 lost pet service
- A selection of over 160 designer tag options that double as your pet's official license
- A central dashboard for your pet's medical records and information
- A quick and easy online solution for purchasing and renewing your pet's license
Funds provided by pet licenses supply much needed financial resources for local animal welfare programs initiatives. Also, DocuPet offers a designer license tag upgrade option that donates 20% of each purchase to The Buddy Center.
Register at CRgov.com/docupet
The fastest and easiest way to license your pet is by creating your secure online profile. You may also license your pet by any of these alternate options:
- Mail: print out a Castle Rock Docupet Registration Form (PDF) and mail to DocuPet, 235 Harrison St., #61, Syracuse, NY 13202
- In person: Castle Rock Police Department, 100 Perry St., Castle Rock, CO 80104
Note: you must provide a copy of your pet's certificate of rabies vaccination to obtain a license.
For licensing related questions, call DocuPet at 1-877-239-6072. To report a lost or found pet, log in to your DocuPet account or call 1-877-239-6072 and press option 3.