Fact or Fiction?
Your questions - answered!
If you have a question about your Town, we want to help you get accurate information. This page is a one-stop resource for the important topics in our community.
Have a question? Email us or submit this form. We'll review your question and post it with an answer here.
Please know the Town reserves the right to rephrase inflammatory questions before posting. Questions that include profane, discriminatory, abusive or potentially malicious language, or personal attacks will not be posted.
- What's happening with new cell towers in Town, including the proposal to add a tower at Quarry Mesa Open Space?
- What has happened with the retaining wall at the Promenade?
- Is there a Whole Foods coming to Castle Rock?
- In regards to the Canyons South Proposal status "The property is currently zoned for development in Douglas County jurisdiction." What does that mean for Castle Rock?
- Are there plans for a sports complex west of Ridge Road?
- What is being done by the Town to ensure that the (Promenade) developer is delivering what was promised?
- Do Water Closets require HVAC duct per building code? The toilet room in our master bathroom is extremely cold. It does not have HVAC; it only has a fan.
- What is happening on the corner of Lake Gulch Road and Oman. The property has been fenced in for over a year now after the apartment complex purchased the land and torn down the house?
- Who owns the horses seen west of Santa Fe on each side of North Meadows?
- Hi there. There's a post on Castle Rock Talk (Facebook) about a gas station and liquor store going in at the intersection of Plum Creek and South Lake Gulch Road. Is this correct? Or not so much?
- I made a purchase at a Castle Rock grocery store and noted there were 3 sales tax items shown: 4%, 3.9% & 2.9%. I thought Castle Rock’s sales tax was 7.9% total. What is the breakdown for this 10.8%?
- How is the Town spending voter-approved TABOR revenue?
- Can you explain why Founders Village is a special Tax district and how money from this tax district is used? Thanks.
- What services are funded by local taxes?
- Where can I find out about the Town’s budget?
- Is the city considering taking over the Plum Creek Golf Club pool? If no, what is going to happen to the pool and parking lot- it has been left abandoned for 6 years.
- What are you doing with the land by Sovereign and Cherry?
- Can I climb to the top of Castle Rock?
- Can the Town construct a staircase to the top of the Rock?
- Are there any plans to construct a full-sized ice rink in Castle Rock?
- In a residential neighborhood, is it legal to park on the opposite side of the street, going against traffic? Also, is it legal to park with two wheels on the sidewalk?
- Is it legal for motorized dirt bikes to be driven on streets in The Meadows? It is legal for motorized vehicles/bikes to ride in the open space adjacent to Morning Glory and Waverton Ranch?
- What are the laws around marijuana consumption outdoors on residential property? Are these laws being enforced?
- What work is planned for Meadows Parkway?
- Why can't the traffic engineer time the lights so you don't have to stop at every red light. Founders is a mess.
- Are there more access roads being planned for Cobblestone Ranch? There is currently only two roads and they are getting congested. Additional roads into this development would be helpful.
- What road construction is happening in Castle Rock?
- New Mayor - volunteer or paid by a corporation or special interest group? (Charter B on special election states the mayor cannot be paid by Castle Rock)?
- Why does the Town not enforce it's illegal sign code? ...
- What will it take to implement the voter-approved changes to Castle Rock’s Town Council structure?
- Is there an effort to change how Castle Rock’s mayor is elected?
- Is the Town being sued about its solicitation ordinance?
- Is it true that there are plans to move the railroad tracks in 2020?
- How is the Town planning to increase parking in the downtown area, to support the new businesses and planned residences, in addition to losing existing parking spaces?
- I’ve heard Pit Bulls will no longer be banned. Is that true?
- When are Town Council meetings?
- How can I receive emails about Town happenings?
- Where can I learn about events and open houses?
- Is it possible to opt out of door-to-door solicitation?
- Does the Town have a policy for managing prairie dogs? Are developers required to submit a permit before moving forward?
- How do I retire a damaged American flag?
- Will there be a firework show off the Rock Saturday, Aug. 4?
- Does Castle Rock have a sister city?